Berlusconi lawyers say new ‘bunga bunga’ claims are falseApril 14th, 2011 - 12:02 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, April 14 (IANS/AKI) Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s lawyers have dismissed media reports of allegations by two of the premier’s female dinner guests that the groping began at the table itself.
“The new claims published in several newspapers today concerning parties at Arcore have absolutely no basis in truth,” said Berlusconi’s lawyers Piero Longo and Niccolo Ghedini.
They were referring to testimonies given to Milan magistrates by two teenage beauty contestants who claimed they were among “around 15″ dinner guests at Berlusconi’s villa in Arcore Aug 22, 2010, almost all of whom were young women.
The antics began minutes after his guests sat down to dinner with some of the young women baring their breasts, 18-year-old Ambra Battilana and Chiara Danese were cited as telling prosecutors by Corriere della Sera and La Repubblica dailies on Wednesday.
The graphic testimonies contradict Berlusconi’s claims that dinner parties at his Arcore villa were invariably “elegant and sober occasions”.
Battilana and Danese claim they were unwilling participants at the party, where they were taken after a screen test as weather girls on the TV show of one of Berlusconi’s close friends, Emilio Fede, who is under investigation for abetting prostitution.
The women allege they voluntarily testified to prosecutors after receiving harassing phone calls that “tarred them with the same brush” as the dozens of alleged prostitutes including Moroccan teenage dancer ‘Ruby’ who prosecutors say had sex with Berlusconi.
Battilana and Danese told prosecutors that as soon as they had finished eating, Berlusconi asked the guests if they were ready for ‘bunga bunga’ or the alleged erotic after-dinner games at Arcore to which the women replied “Yes!” in unison.
The guests trooped downstairs to the villa’s underground discotheque furnished with a lapdancing pole and wall-to-wall sofas, Battilana and Danese said.
“As they danced, they fondled Berlusconi and let him fondle them. This is the game that he calls ‘bunga bunga’,” Danese added. The women called him ‘Daddy’ and sang the ‘anthem’ of his ruling People of Freedom party ‘Thank God for Silvio’, the girls claimed.
Fede and Berlusconi tried to get Danese and Battilana to join in.
“We were terrified,” Danese said.
Danese and Battilana allege they were horrified by what they saw and refused to join in the games, telling Fede they wanted to go home.
“Sure - leave if you want to, but forget being weather girls or making it to The Miss Italy contest,” was Fede’s alleged reply.
- Berlusconi dismisses new escort claims as trash (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Guests were naked at Berlusconi's bunga-bunga parties: Belly dancer - Feb 19, 2011
- Berlusconi to write memoir on his private life - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Bunga bunga' parties were dignified soirees, say Berlusconi's lawyers - Jan 27, 2011
- Clooney, Ronaldo witnesses in Berlusconi sex trial? - Nov 24, 2011
- Italian PM holds another bunga bunga party - Aug 04, 2011
- Fugitive in Berlusconi sex scandal arrested - Apr 16, 2012
- Venezuelan model defends Berlusconi as 'father figure' - Jan 27, 2011
- Berlusconi's 'bunga bunga' pictures emerge - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Berlusconi had sex with underage Moroccan 13 times' - Mar 16, 2011
- Raunchy pics of Berlusconi's 'bunga bunga' parties discovered - Mar 23, 2011
- Another under-age girl in Berlusconi's bunga bunga scandal - Jan 28, 2011
- Berlusconi admits paying girls to attend sex parties - Apr 13, 2012
- Berlusconi 'entertained women 2 or 3 times a week at Roman castle' - Feb 16, 2011
- Belly dancer at centre of Berlusconi sex probe 'was 16 when she was paid for sex' - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: beauty contestants, corriere della sera, dancer ruby, dinner games, dinner guests, dinner parties, emilio fede, harassing phone calls, italian prime minister, lapdancing, magistrates, piero longo, prime minister silvio, prime minister silvio berlusconi, screen test, silvio berlusconi, teenage beauty, unwilling participants, wall to wall, weather girls