Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippines’ presidentJune 30th, 2010 - 11:23 am ICT by IANS
Manila, June 30 (DPA) Benigno Aquino III was sworn in Wednesday as the Philippines’ 15th president before hundreds of thousands of cheering supporters.
Aquino, 50, took his oath of office shortly before noon (0400 GMT) at Rizal Park in central Manila after leading Filipinos in bidding farewell to his predecessor Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
He is to serve the Philippines as president for a term of six years during which he has vowed to fight corruption and poverty.
- Aquino headed for landslide victory in the Philippines - May 12, 2010
- Philippines extends voting period as eight die in violence - May 10, 2010
- New Thai envoy vows to further enhance relations with the Philippines - Apr 29, 2011
- Philippine democracy icon Corazon Aquino dies at 76 (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- Cory Aquino dies, Philippines declares 10-day mourning (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- Former Philippine President Cory Aquino Passes Away At 76 - Aug 01, 2009
- Philippine Congress begins vote tally - May 27, 2010
- Aquino poised to win Philippine presidential polls - May 11, 2010
- UAE's participation in Abu Dhabi Dialogue 2 significant: Envoy - Apr 24, 2012
- Philippine police admit shortcomings in bloody hostage-taking - Aug 24, 2010
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- Eight Chinese, gunman killed in Philippines hostage drama (Second Roundup) - Aug 24, 2010
- Noynoy Aquino Leads Philippines Election - May 11, 2010
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011