Bengal official assures poll panel on model codeMarch 18th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 18 (IANS) West Bengal Finance Secretary C.M. Bachawat Friday certified that no order from any file signed by state Finance Minister Asim Dasgupata violating the model code of conduct would be executed, an election official said.
“The state finance secretary, as instructed by the Election Commission, has given a written declaration that no order from any file, signed by Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta after the notification of assembly polls dated March 1, violating the model code of conduct, will be executed,” state Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said.
The written declaration comes three days after the Election Commission instructed the state finance secretary on this matter.
After the model code of conduct came into effect March 1, Dasgupta signed hundreds of files and on the basis of a complaint by Trinamool Congress, the Election Commission ordered an enquiry and submitted a report within seven days.
- Parties urge EC to relax poll code in Bengal - Mar 15, 2011
- Report on Bengal minister's poll code breach submitted - Mar 08, 2011
- Bengal ministers accused of poll code violation - Mar 02, 2011
- Poll panel blocks 400 government jobs in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- Poll panel censures Khurshid for quota announcement (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- By-election schedule leads to uncertainty over Andhra budget - Feb 17, 2012
- No code breach in posting information officer: Poll panel - Apr 07, 2010
- Pranab Mukherjee accused of poll code violation - Apr 13, 2011
- Achuthanandan upset as subsidised rice scheme stopped - Mar 09, 2011
- Poll panel censures Khurshid for quota announcement (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Court allows sale of subsidised rice in poll-bound Kerala - Mar 21, 2011
- Don't dare to ignore poll panel's directives, Goa warned - Feb 02, 2012
- Punjab municipal polls June 7 - May 21, 2012
- Government denies plans to curb poll panel (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Will oppose any move to weaken poll panel: BJP - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: asim, assembly polls, chief electoral officer, code of conduct, dasgupta, election commission, election official, enquiry, finance minister, finance secretary, gupta, kolkata, march 1, model code, poll, seven days, state finance, trinamool congress, west bengal