Bengal Left Front stir against fuel hike July 4-11June 26th, 2011 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 26 (IANS) West Bengal’s main opposition Left Front would July 4-11 launch a protest movement across the state demanding a rollback of the latest fuel price hike, front chairman Biman Bose said Sunday.
Briefing mediapersons after a meeting of front partners, Bose said a mass campaign would be held July 4-10.
“On July 11 we will organise sit-ins before central government offices in the city and all districts,” said Bose.
Demanding complete withdrawal of the hike in diesel, cooking gas and kerosene prices, Bose attacked the state’s ruling Trinamool Congress - the second largest ally in the United Progressive Alliance central government - for opposing the rise in rates only through the media.
“Chief Minister (Mamata Banerjee) is only opposing the decision in the media. If she is serious, her ministry should pass a resolution that the hike be withdrawn and it should be put in black and white and given to the media,” he said.
The central government Friday announced a hike in the price of diesel by Rs.3 per litre, kerosene by Rs.2 a litre and the cooking gas by Rs.50 per cylinder.
- Left Front condemns diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest against diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Will analyse diesel price hike effect: Dikshit - Jul 04, 2011
- Odisha protests diesel price hike, cap on cooking gas - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi's poor to get 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders - Sep 17, 2012
- Meghalaya waives VAT on kerosene, cooking gas - Jul 01, 2011
- BJP protests fuel price hike, demands rollback - Jun 25, 2011
- BJD legislators ride bicycles to protest fuel price hike - Jun 28, 2010
- Fuel prices revised countrywide - Jul 25, 2012
- BJP protests fuel price hike in Delhi, demands rollback (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- BJP, SP protest fuel price hike in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Srinagar youth protest fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2011
- West Bengal criticises fuel price hike - Jun 26, 2010
- Allies, opposition target government over petrol price rise - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: ally, biman, bose, central government offices, chief minister, fuel price hike, ins, july 4, kerosene prices, mamata banerjee, opposition, progressive alliance, protest movement, rollback, rs 2, rs 50, trinamool congress, west bengal