Bengal Inc happy at Pranab set to be next presidentJune 15th, 2012 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 15 (IANS) As the UPA Friday named union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee as its presidential candidate, Bengal Inc unanimously said the Congress stalwart is the right candidate for the top post and expressed happiness that somebody from West Bengal has been chosen.
“It is certainly a wonderful news. It is also great that somebody has been chosen from Bengal,” Harshavardhan Neotia, chairman of Kolkata-based Ambuja Realty, told IANS.
“Pranab Babu is a very erudite and competent person for the post of president,” he added.
On whether the Indian industry would miss Mukherjee’s stewardship if he becomes the next president, Neotia said: “Congress is a large party and I think it will be able to find somebody who will succeed Mukherjee.”
Hemant Kanoria, chairman and managing director, Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited, said Mukherjee was an outstanding politician and a leader of national stature.
- Bengal celebrates Pranab's candidature (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Bengal industrialists hail Trinamool Congress-Congress win - May 13, 2011
- Srei's 2010-11 net profit up by 15 percent - May 19, 2011
- Rs.2 bn equity investment in Srei Equipment Finance okayed - Aug 11, 2012
- Srei raises benchmark rate by 100 basis points - Oct 06, 2010
- Bengal exults at Pranab's candidature - Jun 15, 2012
- Pranab telephones Buddhadeb for support in presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Srei to focus on IT, healthcare equipment financing - May 14, 2012
- Bengal's industrialists praise 'balanced, growth-oriented' budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Mamata hosts dinner for industrialists - Oct 18, 2011
- Pranab most suitable for president's post: Trinamool MP - Jun 20, 2012
- Pranab, Mamata seat-sharing meet inconclusive - Mar 16, 2011
- 'Ecospace' business park inaugurated in Kolkata - Sep 24, 2009
- Trinamool accuses Pranab of trying to break party (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- We are happy with the presidential candidate: Lalu - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: ambuja, babu, competent person, congress, finance limited, happiness, infrastructure finance, managing director, national stature, politician, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, stalwart, stewardship, union finance minister, UPA, west bengal, wonderful news