Bengal Congress lashes out at Mamata for ‘insulting’ SoniaJune 18th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 18 (IANS) Lashing out at Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee for “insulting” Congress president Sonia Gandhi, a Congress MP from West Bengal Monday said the Trinamool was free to leave the UPA if it did not behave properly in near future.
“What does West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee think of herself? Did she think that she can go scot-free by insulting and breaching political decorum with Sonia Gandhi? The Congress has shown Banerjee her place,” said Congress MP Adhir Choudhury.
Congress had earlier slammed Banerjee for revealing the names of their preferred presidential candidate to the media last Wednesday after meeting Gandhi. However, Trinamool contended that Banerjeetook Gandhi’s permission before doing so.
“Didi (Banerjee) was thinking that with only 20 MPs she can rule the roost, she has the power to dictate the central government and Congress. She should remember that Congress with 10 times more MPs rules the entire country,” said Choudhury.
In a stern warning to the Trinamool, he said Congress has no need of alliance partners whose sole agenda is to finish off the Congress in the state.
“I just want to say they should mend their ways otherwise they are free tol eave the government. They should behave properly. We don’t need such alliance partner whose one point agenda is to wipe out the Congress from the state,” Choudhury added.
- Would desperate Mamata be able to save face in another battle? (West Bengal newsletter) - Jul 14, 2012
- Not the best of times for Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bengal Congress lashes out at Mamata for rejecting Pranab - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress MP mocks Mamata over Kalam's backout - Jun 18, 2012
- Railways have worsened under Trinamool: Congress MP - Jul 30, 2012
- Mamata a dictator, says Congress minister and quits (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Jolted by Trinamool, Congress to wait for Sonia's return (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Trinamool to continue opposition to reform legislations - Jul 20, 2012
- Mamata a dictator, says angry Congress minister - Jan 17, 2012
- Congress slams Trinamool over petrol price hike protest - May 26, 2012
- Sonia's lunch presents picture of UPA unity (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Trinamool MPs told to attend UPA lunch - Aug 05, 2012
- Pranab most suitable for president's post: Trinamool MP - Jun 20, 2012
- Congress dubs Trinamool 'BJP stooge', asked to leave ministry (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Trinamool to skip July 18 UPA dinner - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: alliance partner, alliance partners, central government, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, decorum, didi, eave, kolkata, lashes, mamata banerjee, mp, mps, point agenda, presidential candidate, roost, trinamool congress, UPA, west bengal