Barbados PM dies of cancerOctober 24th, 2010 - 6:31 am ICT by IANS
Bridgetown, Oct 24 (IANS) Barbados Prime Minister David Thompson died Saturday at his home in Saint Philip, a media report said. He was suffering from cancer.
David John Howard Thompson, 48, had begun treatment for pancreatic cancer in March this year. He was diagnosed with a malignant tumour, Prensa Latina reported.
Because of his critical condition, he recently introduced changes to his cabinet, maintaining only his posts as leader of the executive and chief of national security.
Thompson was born in London in 1961. He became head of the government in January 2008, when he led the Democratic Labor Party to a win in over 20 of the 30 seats in the National Assembly.
- Barbados Prime Minister David Thompson Dies Of Pancreatic Cancer - Oct 25, 2010
- Rihanna thinks pop stars should care more for their country - Nov 08, 2010
- India witnessing rise in pancreatic cancer, say doctors - Oct 06, 2011
- Aamir prays for Yuvraj's quick recovery - Feb 09, 2012
- Government will help Yuvraj: Sports minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj has malignant tumour, being treated in the US - Feb 05, 2012
- Barbados may send smallest team for London Olympics - Dec 20, 2011
- Yuvraj says he is getting better - Feb 16, 2012
- Get-well wishes pour in for Yuvraj - Feb 05, 2012
- Gene that increases pancreatic cancer risk identified - Dec 30, 2011
- Archbishop of Glasgow links MP's death to being gay - Jul 25, 2012
- Egyptian man sets himself ablaze in front of parliament - Jan 18, 2011
- Chavez says tumour was malignant - Mar 05, 2012
- Former first-class umpire Nigel Harrison dead - Dec 19, 2011
- Electronic nose helps locate deadly tumour - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: barbados, critical condition, david thompson, democratic labor party, howard thompson, john howard, london, malignant tumour, minister david, national assembly, national security, prime minister, saint philip, suffering from cancer