Bangladesh hopes to resolve power crisis by 2014March 3rd, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, March 3 (IANS) Bangladeshi Finance Minister A.M.A. Muhith said Saturday the power crisis in the country will be resolved in the next two years.
He speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the country’s biggest shipyard “Khan Brothers Shipbuilding” at Gazaria in Munshiganj district, the Daily Star reported.
Ensuring electricity supply to the industries is one of the main pledges of the government, he said.
- Bangladesh forms panel on Grameen Bank - May 16, 2012
- Krishna arrives in Dhaka, backs a prosperous Bangladesh (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Mukherjee to attend ADB meet in Manila - May 02, 2012
- Transit facility to India not now: Dhaka - Sep 06, 2011
- South Korean shipbuilders won half of global orders in Q3 - Oct 19, 2011
- Bangladesh's Grameen bank chief Yunus steps down - May 13, 2011
- Bangladesh to buy power from India, opposition angered (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Indian credit terms 'good', says Bangladesh - Aug 08, 2010
- PM to go on 'charm Dhaka' trip, India spotlights Bangla ties (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Pandit Jasraj enthrals Dhaka audience - Mar 20, 2011
- Yunus removal didn't help country's image: Minister - Mar 04, 2011
- Four dead, 220 missing as boat sinks in Bangladesh - Mar 13, 2012
- Bangladesh to buy power from India - Jul 27, 2010
- Yunus can't be Grameen managing director: Dhaka - Mar 21, 2011
- Dhaka stock market investors protest - May 26, 2011