Bal Thackeray urges truce with NCPJune 6th, 2011 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 6 (IANS) A week after Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar attacked Bal Thackeray, the Shiv Sena chief Monday urged his activists to observe restraint and not to clashes with the NCP.
On Tuesday, Pawar stirred up a row by demanding to know Thackeray’s contribution to Maharashtra. The Sena chief retaliated, while workers from both parties clashed in different parts of the state.
“The conflict with the NCP (Nationalist Congress Party) must be stopped,” Thackeray said in a statement here.
“There is a conflict in the nation against the Congress-led government. So this conflict (between Sena-NCP) should be ended, and everybody should unite against the Congress,” he added.
Two days ago, NCP chief Sharad Pawar advised state party chief Madhukar Pichhad to direct party activists to stop burning effigies of Sena leaders or attacking their party offices in the state.
- Thackeray hits back at Ajit Pawar for letting off 'gas' - Jun 01, 2011
- High voltage Maharashtra municipal poll campaign ends - Feb 14, 2012
- Ajit Pawar attacks Bal Thackeray - May 31, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray hits out at Rahul Gandhi, Ajit Pawar - Jun 10, 2011
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Congress, NCP ally to dislodge saffron combine from BMC - Jan 11, 2012
- Bal Thackeray blasts Sharad Pawar for 'kids' comment - May 07, 2011
- Bal Thackeray roots for Mumbai again - May 07, 2012
- Pranab meets Bal Thackeray, thanks him for support - Jul 14, 2012
- Widow of MNS legislator joins NCP - Sep 22, 2011
- Bal Thackeray roars at massive election rally - Feb 12, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012
- Tendulkar's nomination Congress' dirtiest trick: Thackeray - Apr 29, 2012
- Congress, NCP tie up for Maharashtra civic polls - Nov 23, 2011
- MP from leading party joining us Saturday: NCP - Jan 27, 2012