Bal Thackeray terms PM ‘politically impotent’July 10th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) After Time magazine called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh an “underachiever”, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Tuesday termed him “politically impotent” and called for a nationwide revolution.
Thackeray said people had been wondering what underachiever actually means. “In our (Thackeri bhasha) language, it implies the country’s prime minister is ‘politically impotent’,” he said in an editorial in the party’s mouthpiece Saamna.
Thackeray, however, clarified that any opinion by Time magazine does not mean a person becomes big or small, since even that magazine is compelled to carry on its “business”.
Some time ago, the same magazine had portrayed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the “most hated” Indian politician. “But he was hated only by the anti-Hindutva forces,” Thackeray claimed.
Referring to the Time article on Manmohan Singh, he said: “Until now, the domestic media was rapping on his head, now even the international media is kicking him.”
In these difficult times, Thackeray contended that it was high time the prime minister and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi handed over the country to a person with a fighting spirit - “an inspiring person who can fight the corruption, the economic woes, the terrorism, and other forces inimical to the country’s interests”.
For this, Thackeray said, only the Shiv Sena’s “Shivrai” was capable of giving the right direction to the country.
“Is Maharashtra ready for it, especially since it is also being taken to the dumps by a Manmohan Singh ‘copy’ (referring to, but without naming Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan). There is a need for a revolution from Maharashtra to Delhi,” he declared, sounding the bugle for the next assembly elections in the state due in 2014.
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj would make a dashing prime minister: Bal Thackeray - Sep 09, 2012
- Bal Thackeray, Uddhav thunder at Dussehra rally - Oct 18, 2010
- Thackeray blasts Team Anna - Nov 07, 2011
- Thackeray bats for Sushma Swaraj as PM, BJP says decision later (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Uddhav says Digvijay is mad, never mind what granddad wrote - Sep 06, 2012
- Why not 'cricket diplomacy' with Sri Lanka, asks Thackeray - Apr 01, 2011
- Bal Thackeray demands Bharat Ratna for Big B - Oct 29, 2011
- Modi ignores Uddhav, says Raj - Sep 21, 2011
- Pranab meets Bal Thackeray, thanks him for support - Jul 14, 2012
- Bal Thackeray targets Congress, Gandhi family - Sep 07, 2012
- A fit Bal Thackeray attacks PM, Sonia - Oct 06, 2011
- Thackeray asks Manmohan Singh to go - Sep 29, 2011
- Estranged Uddhav, Raj march together for mill workers - Jul 28, 2011
- Dismissed Belgaum council members seek Thackeray's support - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bal thackeray, chavan, chief minister, congress chief, difficult times, economic woes, fighting spirit, hindutva forces, indian politician, manmohan, manmohan singh, narendra modi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, saamna, sonia gandhi, time article, time magazine, underachiever