Bal Thackeray slams SRK for ‘misdemeanour’ at WankhedeMay 19th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 19 (IANS) Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray Saturday criticised Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan for what he termed was his ‘misdemeanour’ at the Wankhede Stadium Wednesday night and backed the Mumbai Cricket Association’s (MCA) decision to ban him from the stadium for five years.
Lashing out at Shah Rukh Khan in his party mouthpiece ‘Saamna’, Thackeray said Shah Rukh was insulted several times by the US security officials, but he kept quiet then. “He did not lose his cool there, but when a poor security guard asked him to follow rules, he threatened to bury him alive. What kind of language is this?” Thackeray asked.
Thackeray also appreciated the five-year ban on Shah Rukh’s entry to the Wankhede Stadum and said that a lifetime ban should be imposed on him. The Shiv Sena supremo said that ban was reduced to five years due to pressure from New Delhi.
“If pressure comes from Delhi, it will be further reduced to five minutes,” he quipped.
The MCA Friday slapped a ban for five years on Shah Rukh from entering the Wankhede Stadium over his alleged bad behaviour at the stadium.
Shah Rukh, the co-owner of Indian Premier league (IPl) team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), had allegedly misbehaved with security personnel and MCA officials Wednesday night.
Shah Rukh claimed the security guards manhandled the children he had brought to the stadium, which provoked him to protest.
- Shah Rukh again apologises for Wankhede brawl - May 29, 2012
- Decision whether to ban SRK from Wankhede next week - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh banned from Wankhede for 5 years (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- SRK might be banned from entering Wankhede - May 17, 2012
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- MCA ban on Shah Rukh Khan not finalised: Rajiv Shukla - May 17, 2012
- SRK's punishment too harsh: Javed Akhtar - May 20, 2012
- SRK banned from Wankhede stadium for 5 years - May 18, 2012
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK - May 18, 2012
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- B-town supports SRK, says any father would react similarly - May 18, 2012
- I won't apologise, MCA officials should do that: SRK (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- MCA bans Shah Rukh from Wankhede; experts call it a rare decision (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- SRK barred from Wankhede for five years (Lead) - May 18, 2012
Tags: bad behaviour, bal thackeray, co owner, ipl, kkr, knight riders, lifetime ban, mca, misdemeanour, mouthpiece, mumbai cricket association, poor security, saamna, security officials, security personnel, shah rukh khan, shiv sena, srk, stadum, wankhede stadium