Bahuguna downplays Rawat’s dissent (Lead)March 13th, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun/New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) Downplaying party leader Harish Rawat’s displeasure over his selection, Uttarakhand Chief Minister designate Vijay Bahuguna Tuesday said it was the Congress party’s internal matter and will be resolved.
“It is the Congress party’s internal matter… the central leadership is looking into the matter and will resolve it,” Bahuguna told NDTV news channel in Dehradun.
Rawat had Tuesday written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi expressing his displeasure over not being made the Uttarakhand chief minister.
There were reports that he had resigned from the cabinet but Congress leaders denied this.
Scotching rumours of Rawat joining hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Bahuguna said: “Harish is a true Congressman and can never go with communal forces.”
Rawat, who is minister of state for agriculture and parliamentary affairs, is miffed that Vijay Bahuguna was picked up for the top job in the hill state instead of him.
“The decision of the Congress high command is acceptable to all the party workers and leaders and Vijay Bahuguna will take the oath as Uttarakhand chief minister,” Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
A party legislator from Uttarakhand said: “I have come to know that Rawat has written to Soniaji. Injustice has been done to Harish Rawat…in 2002 also we fought the election under him but N.D. Tiwari was made the chief minister… we accepted Tiwari as he was a senior leader,” he said.
- Upset over not being made CM, Rawat writes to Sonia - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna sworn in amid revolt by Harish Rawat (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna sworn in asUttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Congress confident of Bahuguna proving majority - Mar 14, 2012
- Rebellion peters out in Uttarakhand Congress - Mar 20, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named Uttarakhand chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Bahuguna distributes portfolios, retains 24 departments - Apr 02, 2012
- Congress core committee meets to discuss Mamata's demands, Uttarakhand crisis - Mar 17, 2012
- BSP joins Uttarakhand government - Mar 20, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Bahuguna proves majority amidst walkout - Mar 29, 2012
- Congress rules out change of leadership in Uttarakhand - Mar 18, 2012
- Harish Rawat in Uttarakhand Congress election panel - Sep 19, 2011
- Not poaching among BJP for Bahuguna's seat: Rawat - Apr 27, 2012
- Bahuguna moves into official bungalow - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: alvi, bharatiya janata party, bjp, central leadership, chief minister, communal forces, congress leaders, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, displeasure, internal matter, joining hands, legislator, minister of state, ndtv, parliamentary affairs, party leader, rashid, rawat, top job