Badal takes oath as Punjab chief minister (Lead)March 14th, 2012 - 12:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 14 (IANS) Parkash Singh Badal became Punjab’s oldest chief minister Wednesday when he was sworn in for a record fifth time at a ceremony at the historic Sikh battlefield of Chappar Chiri in Mohali, 20 km from here.
Badal, 84, took the oath in Punjabi.
He had earlier been chief minister in 1969, 1977, 1997 and 2007.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil administered the oath of office and secrecy to Badal in the presence of many top political leaders and thousands of people.
- Badal takes over as Punjab CM for fifth time (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Badal to begin fifth term as chief minister Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- At 84, Badal begins fifth innings as chief minister (Profile) - Mar 14, 2012
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Parkash Singh Badal set to again be Punjab chief minister (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Sukhbir's stamp all over Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Mar 17, 2012
- Punjab gets 21 new chief parliamentary secretaries - Apr 10, 2012
- Relatives find enough place in Badal cabinet - Mar 13, 2012
- Punjab gets country's tallest religious tower - Nov 30, 2011
- Punjab assembly session begins Monday - Mar 18, 2012
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government - Mar 09, 2012
- Five BJP ministers inducted in Punjab cabinet - May 15, 2011
- At 84, Parkash Singh Badal towers over all - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Parkash Singh Badal to be chief minister' - Mar 08, 2012
- Badal inducts five BJP ministers, allocates portfolios (Lead) - May 15, 2011