Baba Ramdev discloses his assets (Lead)June 9th, 2011 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Haridwar, June 9 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Thursday claimed that different trusts under his control were totally transparent in their financial dealings and there was nothing adverse in their transactions.
Addressing the newsmen here, Ramdev’s trusted lieutenant Acharya Balkrishan said that all their accounts, including the “money coming to the trusts, their sources and the manner it was spent is regularly audited by the government agencies including the tax department”.
Balkrishan said had “there been any discrepancy in the accounts of trusts presided over by Ramdev, then the government would not have permitted their operations”.
“Our trusts are transparent and anyone can check our accounts,” Balkrishna said.
Giving details of the assets, Balkrishan said that Divya Yoga Mandir Trust that was set up in January 1995 has already spent Rs.249.63 crore and Pitanjali Yogpeeth Trust Rs.164.80 crore on various activities benefiting the people.
The statement of audited account of the Divya Yog Mandir Trust says that as of March 31, 2010, it had Rs.2,515,047,862.93 (Over Rs.251 crore) in funds.
On the pricing of medicines, Ramdev said that the ayurvedic medicines produced and marketed by them were selling at much cheaper prices compared to similar products in the market.
About another two trusts, Balkrishna said that since they were set up recently, their accounts have yet to audited and these would be made public as and when they are finalized.
He said that activities of their four trusts have directly and indirectly benefited more than 100 crore people across the world and nearly 10 crore people were directly benefited.
Balkrishna said that Ramdev’s trusts are conducting more than 200,000 free yoga classes and they intend to take it to 11 lakh.
Balkrishna said that Ramdev’s trusts have contributed generously during various natural calamities including the tsunami, the Bihar floods and in Uttrakhand.
- Ramdev denies information on ED registering case - Sep 01, 2011
- Ramdev's Rs.1,100 crore empire under scanner - Jun 07, 2011
- Declaring assets to end controversy: Ramdev aide - Jun 09, 2011
- ED files foreign exchange case against Ramdev - Sep 01, 2011
- Government trying to defame me, says Ramdev - Sep 03, 2011
- Union minister inaugurates Ramdev's Ayurveda College in Hardwar - Jan 04, 2010
- What feeds Ramdev's lifestyle empire - Jun 09, 2011
- Ramdev declares assets, defends youth army remarks (Roundup) - Jun 09, 2011
- Kejriwal is BJP agent, says Digvijay Singh - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Cancel land allotment to Baba Ramdev: Himachal Congress - Nov 03, 2011
- Ramdev's aide heads 34 firms worth Rs.265 crore - Sep 08, 2011
- Ramdev's close aide arrested - Jul 20, 2012
- Amarinder Singh wants land lease to Ramdev revoked - Jun 12, 2011
- Nepal defends Baba Ramdev aide - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: acharya, assets, audited account, ayurvedic medicines, crore, discrepancy, divya yog, financial dealings, floods, free yoga classes, government agencies, lakh, lieutenant, natural calamities, newsmen, ramdev, similar products, trusts, yoga guru, yoga mandir