Awareness campaign for women empowerment in Madhya PradeshMay 26th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 26 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has issued instructions to carry out a state-wide awareness campaign focused on schemes of women empowerment, official sources said Tuesday.
Reviewing the progress of activities of Woman and Child Development Department Monday, the chief minister told senior officers including the principal secretary to undertake field tours to apprise themselves of the ground realities of the implementation of departmental schemes and announcements made at the “Mahila Panchayat”.
He also asked them to initiate the necessary steps for unification of women’s desk, women’s helpline and help desk of Ushakiran Yojana under one roof and to keep contractors away from the nutritious food supply system while ensuring adequate benefits to the scheme’s beneficiaries.
Telling the officers he would shortly review the strategy to check the menace of malnutrition, Chouhan also asked the officers to submit a draft on a new, state-level nutritious food policy.
Officials said all the 12 announcements of the Mahila Panchayat have been implemented. These include introducing gender budgeting in 21 departments along with implementing “Ladli Laxmi Yojana”, providing legal assistance to women if needed, raising of a women’s battalion and 10 per cent reservation for women candidates in the police force and increasing reservation for women from 33 per cent to 50 per cent in local bodies, according to an official release.
Principal Secretary (Woman and Child Development) Tinu Joshi, Commissioner (Women and Child Development) Kalpana Shrivastava, Secretary to the Chief Minister, Anurag Jain and other officials concerned attended the meeting.
- Suspended officer's message gets chief minister on wrong foot - Dec 24, 2010
- Scheme for children under rights panel's lens - Jul 29, 2011
- IAS couple, engineers' homes raided by Lokayukt - Dec 10, 2010
- Ramesh offers Rs.900 crore for village coordinators - Aug 18, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh youth to get Youth Commission - Jan 13, 2012
- For every 40 rural households, a welfare scheme volunteer - May 23, 2011
- Law to protect women from workplace harassment soon - Oct 28, 2010
- Uttarakhand asked to speed up welfare schemes - Aug 31, 2011
- Scheme for adolescent girls to be launched in November - Sep 29, 2010
- IAS couple with Rs.3 crore unaccounted cash suspended (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2010
- Congress demands cases against IAS couple with huge assets - Feb 07, 2010
- Goa Church threatens boycott of village panchayat polls - May 03, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh plans new financial scheme for panchayats - Jan 09, 2012
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi tells women panchayat members to overcome social hurdles - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: adequate benefits, awareness campaign, bhopal, chief minister, child development department, food policy, food supply system, gender budgeting, ground realities, joshi, laxmi, legal assistance, mahila, malnutrition, necessary steps, nutritious food supply, policy officials, principal secretary, woman and child, yojana