Australian minister’s daughter held in drug caseJuly 23rd, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, July 23 (IANS) The 20-year-old daughter of a minister in Australia’s Queensland state has been arrested and charged with possession of drugs, a media report said Monday.
Alex Davis is the daughter of Child Safety Minister Tracy Davis. She is also a staffer of Arts Minister Ros Bates, the Australian Associated Press (AAP) reported.
Davis was arrested at the Brisbane ministerial offices, after paramedics were called to treat her and drugs were found in her bag.
She has resigned from her job and will appear in court Aug 2.
A government spokeswoman said Davis was taken to hospital.
- Oz woman survives 13-metre balcony plunge with minor injuries - May 27, 2010
- Oz premier asks colleagues to keep their clothes on during Xmas parties - Nov 21, 2010
- Heroin trafficker splurged $1.1 mn on luxuries - Mar 17, 2011
- Nasty email about boss costs an employee $10,000 - Jun 20, 2012
- Swimsuit model held for heading global drug ring - Mar 18, 2012
- New life amid devastation, baby born in Queensland - Jan 12, 2011
- Mum, paramedics rescue toddler from backyard pool - Mar 17, 2011
- Man facing 99 child sex charges gets bail - Oct 25, 2011
- Four women escape jail after gluing love-rat lover's penis to stomach! - Feb 03, 2010
- Sex worker sues motel for refusing room - Jul 23, 2012
- Probe ordered into Jagir Kaur's VIP treatment in jail - Apr 03, 2012
- Australian woman run over by own car - twice - Nov 25, 2010
- I collected child porn for thesis: Man tells court - Jun 26, 2011
- Hilton painting, cleaning Hollywood - Nov 21, 2010
- Cavity search leads to 50 heroin bags - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: aap, alex davis, aug 2, australia, australian associated press, australian minister, bates, brisbane, child safety, drug case, job, melbourne, ministerial offices, paramedics, possession of drugs, queensland state, spokeswoman, staffer, tracy davis