Attacks pre-planned, claims KejriwalOctober 14th, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) The attacks on senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan and other Team Anna members were “pre-planned” and plotted by those involved in corruption, claimed Arvind Kejriwal, a key aide of Anna Hazare, here Friday.He said the attacks were not because of Prashant Bhushan’s statement on Kashmir “but it is a conspiracy by people involved in corruption. These are well-planned, pre-planned and done to distract from the main issue,” Kejriwal told reporters here.
Prashant Bhushan was attacked in his chamber in the Supreme Court Wednesday by three youths belonging to the Sri Ram Sene and the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena for advocating referendum in Kashmir.
On Thursday, some activists of the groups again clashed with Anna Hazare supporters outside the Patiala House courts complex where the three accused were presented before judge a and sent to judicial custody. The court granted them bail Friday.
Kejriwal also alleged that despite many policemen being present during Thursday’s attack on Team Anna members, none of them bothered to help the injured.
“During yesterday’s attack, there were lots of police but they did not help and saw Anna supporters being thrashed,” he said, adding that one of them had even begged police to help.
- Kashmir integral part of India, says Kejriwal - Oct 14, 2011
- Bhushan attacker warns Anna of 'traitors' - Oct 27, 2011
- Anna supporters bashed up by Ram Sene activists - Oct 13, 2011
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Bhushan attackers released on bail (Lead) - Oct 14, 2011
- Prashant Bhsuhan bashed up, one attacker held (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2011
- Bhushan assault accused sent to jail for a day - Oct 13, 2011
- Anna disagrees with Bhushan, team denies talk of removal - Oct 14, 2011
- Before assault, attacker wrote letter to Bhushan - Oct 14, 2011
- Hazare begins vow of silence Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Lawyers demand action against Bhushan attackers - Oct 14, 2011
- Prashant Bhushan attacked, one held - Oct 12, 2011
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Thackeray congratulates Prashant Bhushan's attackers - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: activists, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bhagat singh, bhushan, conspiracy, corruption, judicial custody, kashmir, kranti, lawyer, New Delhi, policemen, referendum, sena, sene, sri ram, supreme court