Attack on Kejriwal unfortunate: BJPOctober 18th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 18 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday condemned the attempted attack on Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal in Lucknow, describing it as “unfortunate”.
“The attack on Kejriwal is unfortunate. The people have a right to express themselves in democracy but this is not the way to protest,” party spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain said here.
The incident took place at the sprawling Jhule Lal Park near the Lucknow University. The man, identified as Jitendra Pathak, was overpowered and beaten up by the crowd before being handed over to police, witnesses said.
Pathak, a resident of Jalaun district, is suspected to be a Congress activist, police said. He was later taken to a police station where he was questioned at length.
- Man held for attempted attack on Kejriwal (Lead) - Oct 18, 2011
- Kejriwal attacker sacked from job - Oct 20, 2011
- No action needed against attacker, says Kejriwal - Oct 19, 2011
- Kejriwal attacker threatens hunger strike - Oct 22, 2011
- Don't throw attacker out of job: Kejriwal - Oct 20, 2011
- Varanasi is Anna's launch pad for spreading movement - Apr 25, 2011
- Anna Hazare to address people's rally in Lucknow - Apr 28, 2011
- Privilege notice issued to Arvind Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Ramdev condemns attack on Kejriwal - Oct 19, 2011
- Kejriwal urges police action against offenders (Lead) - Aug 26, 2011
- Massive support for Hazare in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 17, 2011
- Congress' comments on Anna unfortunate, says BJP (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Previous attacks on leaders (To go with: 'Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury') - Jan 14, 2012
- MPs outraged over Team Anna's remarks, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011