Assembly elections process hots up in West BengalMarch 8th, 2011 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 7 (IANS) Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Kumar Zutshi Monday met senior officials of four districts here to brief them about Election Commission guidelines for conducting free and fair assembly polls in West Bengal.
“I have met with the 66 returning officers of four districts and they were briefed about the election conducting process. They will be imparted training to conduct free and fair elections,” said Zutshi.
He met the poll officials of South 24 Parganas, North 24 Parganas, Kolkata South and Kolkata North.
“An all-party meeting will be convened March 9 in the chief electoral office to discuss on the election expenditure monitoring process. Besides, I will conduct a meeting with the election officials to ensure distribution of voter slips to all the voters well before the election dates,” said Zutshi.
He said he would be holding review meetings with the district magistrates and superintendent of police of each district during his four-day visit.
Zutshi met senior officials of the six north Bengal districts in Siliguri on Sunday and arrived in the city Monday afternoon. West Bengal will have six-phased polls starting April 18 and ending May 10.
- Poll panel officer meets Bengal bureaucrats, police officials - Feb 02, 2011
- EC assures safe, free voting in West Bengal - Apr 12, 2011
- Two poll officials die in Bengal polls first phase - Apr 19, 2011
- Poll panel to review preparations in West Bengal - Mar 21, 2011
- Two 'unsatisfactory' poll officials in Bengal replaced - Apr 22, 2011
- Poll boycott in some areas of West Bengal - Apr 18, 2011
- Security forces on high alert ahead of Bengal polls - Mar 17, 2011
- Calling all hands for Bengal polls, willing or unwilling - Apr 14, 2011
- Full EC to visit Bengal April 28 - Apr 25, 2011
- Campaigning for second phase of West Bengal polls ends today - Apr 21, 2011
- Polling peaceful in West Bengal first phase (Intro Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Poll campaigning peaks in north Bengal districts - Apr 13, 2011
- Poll panel to review election preparedness in West Bengal - Mar 18, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 75 percent turnout in Bengal (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Polling ends in West Bengal, around 70 percent voting - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, assembly polls, chief electoral office, district magistrates, election commission, election commissioner, election dates, election officials, kolkata, monday afternoon, north bengal, poll, returning officers, senior officials, siliguri, slips, superintendent, vinod kumar, west bengal