Artists, singers, actors in Trinamool listMarch 18th, 2011 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 18 (IANS) The Trinamool Congress’s list of candidates for West Bengal’s 228 assembly seats has its own share of singers, actors and artists who have been an unofficial part of the party for the last two years.
Trinamool gave tickets to national award winning actress Debashree Roy, Bengali actor Chiranjeet, theatre personality Bratya Basu, singers Anup Ghosal and Parikhit Bala.
Debashree Roy will contest from the Raidighi assembly constituency against Left Front’s heavyweight Kanti Ganguly.
“I am Didi’s (Mamata Banerjee) soldier and will do my part in this fight under her leadership,” Roy said.
The Trinamool Congress Friday went ahead on its own and released a list of 228 candidates for the upcoming West Bengal assembly elections, leaving only 64 seats for the Congress which was bargaining for more in their inconclusive seat-sharing talks.
Famous Bengali actor Chiranjeet Chakroborty too will be contesting the polls on a Trinamool Congress ticket from Barasat assembly constituency against Left Front candidate Sanjib Chatterjee.
“My slogan is what Didi (Banerjee) usually says all the time: ‘Badla Noy Bodol Chai’ (Want Change, not Revenge). I am a small man and will do my bit in this fight,” said Chakroborty.
Renowned singer Anup Ghoshal will contest the upcoming polls on a Trinamool Congress ticket from Uttarpara.
Noted singer Parikhit Bala was given a Trinamool Congress Ticket from Sainthia assembly constituency.
Theatre personality Bratya Basu, who has been known for his open support to the Trinamool Congress from the days of Nandigram and Singur, was awarded with a Trinamool ticket from Dum Dum assembly constituency. He is pitched against Left Front heavyweight Gautam Deb.
The six-phase assembly elections will be held in the state between April 18-May 10.
- Celebrities becomes 'giant-killers' in Bengal polls - May 13, 2011
- Celebrities take on Left Front veterans for Trinamool - Apr 26, 2011
- Trinamool names 228 candidates, leaves 64 seats for Congress (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2011
- Former FICCI official is Trinamool nominee for Bengal polls - Apr 06, 2011
- Singer Anup Ghoshal gets Trinamool ticket - Mar 15, 2011
- Third phase of Bengal polls Wednesday - Apr 26, 2011
- Bengal holds third phase of elections (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Any which way, Bengal braces for historic verdict - May 12, 2011
- Brisk polling in third phase of Bengal elections (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Two voters die in third phase of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 75 percent turnout in Bengal (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 80 percent turnout in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
- Some prominent winners - May 13, 2011
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Night Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Endgame for Left in Bengal, Trinamool headed for big win (Lead) - May 13, 2011
Tags: assembly seats, bala, bengali, constituency, deb, debashree roy, didi, gautam, ghosal, kanti, mamata banerjee, nandigram, renowned singer, sanjib, singers, singur, slogan, small man, trinamool congress, west bengal assembly elections