Arrest of my son a conspiracy against me: Buta SinghJuly 31st, 2009 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) The arrest of his son in a corruption case was a conspiracy against his “personal and political life”, Buta Singh, chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, said Friday.
“This is a conspiracy to malign my political and personal life,” Buta Singh told reporters after his son Sarabjot Singh alias Sweety Singh was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) early Friday.
Buta Singh, however, refused to comment on the role of the CBI.
Sweety Singh, son of the veteran politician who has held several important posts, including home minister, was arrested early Friday after he was caught allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs.1 crore from a Nashik-based contractor in New Delhi Thursday.
The CBI is also trying to ascertain Sweety Singh’s involvement in some other financial transactions, including hawala deals.
According to CBI sources, the corruption case against Sweety Singh involves a complaint filed by Nashik-based civic works contractor Ramraj Patil.
- Arrest of my son a conspiracy against me: Buta Singh (Lead) - Jul 31, 2009
- Buta Singh's son arrested for graft, Congress distances (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2009
- BJP demands Buta Singh's resignation - Jul 31, 2009
- CBI in a quandary over Sarabjot Singh - Aug 04, 2009
- Buta Singh's son arrested on corruption charges (Lead) - Jul 31, 2009
- CBI carrying out political conspiracy against me: Buta Singh - Aug 03, 2009
- CBI searches Sarabjot Singh's home, finds three pistols - Aug 01, 2009
- Buta Singh's son arrested by CBI - Jul 31, 2009
- Buta Singh's son admits involvement in bribery scam - Jul 31, 2009
- CBI files charges against Buta Singh's son - Jan 14, 2010
- CBI victimising my son, charges Buta Singh - Aug 02, 2009
- Buta Singh's son quizzed by CBI in corruption case - Jul 31, 2009
- Sarabjot's house searched, Buta Singh to be quizzed (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- `It is a political conspiracy against me and my family,' says Buta Singh - Jul 31, 2009
- Buta Singh's son remanded to CBI custody till Aug 5 - Jul 31, 2009
Tags: alias, bribe, buta singh, castes, cbi sources, central bureau of investigation, chairperson, civic works, conspiracy, corruption case, crore, financial transactions, home minister, New Delhi, personal life, rs 1, sweety, tribes, veteran politician, works contractor