Arrangements for vote count (Fact sheet)May 15th, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) All eyes are on Saturday’s vote count. A glance at the arrangements the Election Commission has made for the mammoth exercise across the country:
* Total counting centres: 1,080
* Total counting halls: 4,260
* Counting staff deployed: approximately 60,000
* Secure arrangements for counting agents of candidates to witness the counting procedure.
* A micro-observer at every table
* Random checking of electronic voting machines (EVMs) by recounting of two counted machines after every round by micro-observers.
* Proceedings in the counting hall shall be video-graphed.
* Tabulated data to be verified by observers.
* Each counting centre has one counting hall for every segment of the constituency, one data centre and one media centre.
* The result sheet from each counting hall after the end of every round shall be sent to data centre and the media centre simultaneously.