Arjun Singh stood for marginalised sections: KrishnaMarch 5th, 2011 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Saturday mourned the death of veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh and said he was an “able administrator” who stood for the marginalised sections of the society.
“He stood for the rights of traditionally marginalized sections of the society. His contribution to the cause of the people of the country, and of Madhya Pradesh, cannot be forgotten,” Krishna said in a statement here.
“His qualities as an able administrator, leader of the masses and parliamentarian shone through in various prominent positions that he occupied in his long public life,” said Krishna, a former chief minister of Karnataka who had known the deceased Congress leader for decades.
“I pray to the almighty to give peace to the departed soul and give strength to all his kith and kin, friends and admirers to withstand this irreparable loss,” Krishna said.
Arjun singh, a former governor of Punjab and chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, died following cardiac arrest at age 80 Friday. His last rites will be performed with state honours in Churhat in Madhya Pradesh Sunday.
- Krishna condoles demise of Arjun Singh - Mar 05, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit Arjun Singh home (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- Congress mourns Arjun Singh's death - Mar 04, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh's three-day mourning for Arjun Singh - Mar 05, 2011
- CWC condoles Arjun Singh's demise, describes him a symbol of secular values - Mar 05, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh's three-day mourning for Arjun Singh (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh's last rites to be held today - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh's last rites performed in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 06, 2011
- Ex-PM Devegowda condoles Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh had admirers galore in BJP - Mar 05, 2011
- PM, Sonia pay tribute to Arjun Singh - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun's death irreparable loss to national polity: Congress - Mar 05, 2011
- Lok Sabha pays tribute to Arjun Singh - Mar 07, 2011
- Ajay Singh is Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh assembly - Apr 13, 2011
- Vice President Ansari condoles Congress leader Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: admirers, arjun singh, cardiac arrest, chief minister of karnataka, congress leader, decades, departed soul, external affairs minister, irreparable loss, kin friends, kith, krishna, last rites, marginalized, New Delhi, parliamentarian, peace, punjab, state honours, veteran