Arab League chief to talk to demonstratorsFebruary 4th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, Feb 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa arrived Friday at the Tahrir Square, the site of a mass rally by Egyptian opposition protesters seeking the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak.The Arab League said Moussa “has joined the demonstrator(s) to help maintain calm on the square”.
The latest attempt to force Mubarak’s resignation Friday, dubbed as “Day of Departure”, came after clashes in and around Tahrir square that left at least eight dead and hundreds injured.
The opposition hopes to bring over a million people on the streets of major Egyptian cities to force Mubarak to step down.
- Now Egyptian protesters launch own newspaper - Feb 05, 2011
- Egypt to celebrate first week without Mubarak - Feb 18, 2011
- New protests begin in Cairo - May 21, 2011
- Arab League elects Egyptian foreign minister as new head - May 16, 2011
- 'Mount indefinite protests over lenient Mubarak sentence' - Jun 03, 2012
- Hope Egyptian governmental bodies will function normally: Russia - Feb 12, 2011
- Egyptian prosecutors question Mubarak's sons - Apr 18, 2011
- Arab League chief Moussa may lead post-Mubarak Egypt - Feb 06, 2011
- Arab League states seek suspension of Syria - Jun 15, 2011
- Mubarak orders probe into Cairo clashes - Feb 08, 2011
- Egypt PM begins talks with Opposition - Feb 03, 2011
- Post-Mubarak, Egypt army vows peaceful power transition (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- Libyan rebels council seeks Arab League recognition - Mar 12, 2011
- Protesters flood Cairo square, Mubarak warns of chaos (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2011
- One killed in Cairo, protestors confront security forces - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: amr, amr moussa, arab league secretary general, cairo, clashes, demonstrator, demonstrators, egyptian cities, hosni mubarak, league secretary, mass rally, opposition, ouster, president hosni mubarak, protesters, resignation, ria novosti, tahrir square