Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa toldMarch 5th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 5 (IANS) A Bangalore court Monday ordered former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa of the Bharatiya Janata Party and his kin to appear before it in connection with two corruption cases March 24 or face arrest.
The others summoned to the court are Yeddyurappa’s sons B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, son-in-law R.N. Sohan Kumar and former minister S.N. Krishnaiah Setty. Raghavendra is a BJP Lok Sabha member from the state.
Judge N.K. Sudhindra Rao of the Lokayukta (ombudsman) special court issued non-bailable warrant (NBW) against all of them as they had not appeared in the court three times in a row citing various reasons.
Yeddyurappa, his kin and Setty are facing five cases for allegedly conspiring to free from government control prime land in and around Bangalore in return for monetary gains.
Yeddyurappa became BJP’s first chief minister in Karnataka in May 2008 and quit July 31 last year following the then lokayukta N. Santosh Hegde recommending his trial for corruption in the illegal mining scam.
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Yeddyurappa faces another graft case - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa may be back in jail Tuesday, seeks bail - Oct 17, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing resumes Friday - Oct 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's jail stay continues, bail hearing Monday - Oct 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Yeddyurappa back in jail, gets AC cell - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa skips court, told to appear Sep 17 - Sep 13, 2011
- Court extends Yeddyurappa's jail stay till Nov 3 - Oct 22, 2011
- CBI grills Yeddyurappa in mining bribery case - Jul 08, 2012
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Court summons Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Lokayukta raids house, offices of Yeddyurappa's kin - Sep 20, 2011
- Another probe ordered against Yeddyurappa - Oct 26, 2011
- Yeddyurappa jailed till Oct 22 in corruption cases - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, corruption cases, face arrest, government control, karnataka chief minister, lok sabha member, monetary gains, ombudsman, prime land, raghavendra, rao, santosh, setty, sohan, state judge, three times, vijayendra