Antony should quit: AchuthanandanMarch 30th, 2012 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 30 (IANS) Leader of opposition and veteran CPI-M leader V.S. Achuthanandan Friday said Defence Minister A.K. Antony should resign in the wake of “the biggest ever scams” that have taken place under him.
Speaking to reporters here Friday, the veteran politician said: “Antony has no moral right to continue as minister because his tenure has seen scams like Adarsh flat, purchase of defence equipment from Israel and the latest one that has surfaced.”
The two Kerala politicians do not have the best of the relations ever since Antony attacked Achuthanandan in the recent Piravom by-election campaign and also in last year’s assembly campaign.
With another by-election to take place for the Neyyatinkara assembly seat, Achuthanandan has decided to attack Antony.
“The defence department is in utter shambles and it is now clear that all the corruption that has taken place in his department was to accumulate funds for the Congress party, and it is a shame that Antony is a party to these scams,” said Achuthanandan.
- In Kerala by-election, it is Chandy versus Achuthanandan - Mar 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan faces flak for remarks on ex-CPI-M woman leader - Mar 11, 2012
- Stage set for Kerala assembly by-election - Mar 16, 2012
- Neyattinkara by-poll crucial for Kerala parties (Kerala Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- Kerala CM Achutanandan backs out when issues need to be resolved: Antony - Apr 11, 2011
- UDF wins Kerala by-election (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- 4 Left legislators willing to cross over: Kerala UDF leader - Apr 23, 2012
- Congress-led UDF wins Kerala bypoll - Mar 21, 2012
- CPI-M on back foot as Kerala assembly session starts Monday (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 10, 2012
- High voter turnout in Piravom by-poll in Kerala - Mar 17, 2012
- Kerala expected more from rail budget: Chandy - Mar 14, 2012
- Caste considerations at play as Chandy mulls cabinet expansion (Kerala Newsletter) - Apr 07, 2012
- BJP the dark horse in Kerala by-election - Jun 01, 2012
- Kerala panel indicts Achuthanandan for favouring son - Mar 08, 2012
- Karuanakaran's absence a huge loss, says Muraleedharan - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: antony, assembly seat, congress party, corruption, CPI, defence department, defence equipment, defence minister, election campaign, israel, leader of opposition, moral right, politicians, scams, shambles, shame, tenure, v s achuthanandan, veteran politician