Antony not to be witness in Lavalin graft case: courtJanuary 4th, 2010 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Jan 4 (IANS) The special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Monday dismissed the plea of senior Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Pinarayi Vijayan to include Defence Minister A.K. Antony as a witness in the SNC Lavalin graft case.
The CBI in June last year had filed chargesheets against nine accused, including Vijayan, in the Rs.374 crore scam in a deal with Canadian company SNC Lavalin.
Vijayan, the CPI-M state secretary, is accused of wrongfully awarding a contract to the Canadian company for renovating three power plants when he was the state power minister in 1997.
In September, Vijayan’s counsel had approached the court to include Antony as a witness because a crucial discussion in the renovation of the project took place when Antony was chief minister in 1996.
Dismissing Vijayan’s petition, CBI court judge K.P. Jyothindranath asked the CBI to go ahead in the case. Vijayan was granted bail Dec 30 and his counsel had again pleaded that Antony be included as a witness for a fair trial in the case.
- SNC Lavalin scam: Court refuses to include Antony as witness - Jan 04, 2010
- Pinarayi Vijayan summoned in Lavalin graft case - Apr 10, 2012
- Pinarayi Vijayan gets bail in SNC Lavalin graft case - Dec 30, 2009
- CPI-M politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan asked to appear in court - Dec 19, 2011
- Make Kerala home minister accused in Lavalin case: Petition - May 05, 2011
- Reprieve for Vijayan in SNC Lavalin case - Apr 17, 2010
- Vijayan skips court, counsel wants Antony examined - Sep 24, 2009
- CBI says Kerala government was partisan for Vijayan - Nov 10, 2010
- CBI asks Pinarayi Vijayan to appear in court Sept 24 - Aug 21, 2009
- CBI questions former Kerala minister in power firm scam - Sep 20, 2009
- Pinarayi Vijayan re-elected to top Kerala CPI-M post - Feb 10, 2012
- Vayalar slams Vijayan for trying to drag Antony in graft case - Sep 25, 2009
- Apex court admits Vijayan's case - Aug 31, 2009
- Kerala CPI (M) Secretary granted bail in Lavalin case - Dec 30, 2009
- Vijayan summoned by special CBI court in corruption case - Jun 23, 2009
Tags: antony, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, court judge, CPI, defence minister, graft case, petition, plea, power minister, power plants, renovation, snc lavalin, state secretary, witness