Anti-corruption activists detained, releasedAugust 26th, 2012 - 10:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) Several anti-corruption activists, including Arvind Kejriwal, were detained but later released when they tried to stage a protest outside the residences of the prime minister and Congress president here Sunday, police said.
The activists would hold their protest at Jantar Mantar, an India Against Corruption member said.
Manish Sisodia and Kumar Viswas were the other leaders who were detained early morning and taken to the police station.
- Kejriwal, other anti-corruption activists detained, released (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Will continue protest outside PM residence: Kejriwal (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Police use force on protests near PM, Sonia houses (Evening Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Kejriwal to court arrest - Sep 03, 2012
- Team Anna launches fast, targets Pranab, PM (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Police battle anti-corruption protests near PM, Sonia houses (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Nationwide protests against black money Sunday: Ramdev - Jun 01, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Sit-in outside Kejriwal's home - Oct 15, 2011
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012