Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contestJuly 18th, 2012 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) Hamid Ansari Wednesday filed his nomination papers for being re-elected as vice president in the presence of senior United Progressive Alliance leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
The nominations were handed over to Lok Sabha Secretary General T. K. Viswanathan, who is returning officer for Aug 7 vice presidential polls.
Among those present in parliament during the filing of the nomination were Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Nationalist Congress Party’s Sharad Pawar, Rashtriya Janata Dal’s Lalu Prasad, Bahujan Samaj Party’s Satish Misra, National Conference’s Farooq Abdullah, DMK’s T.R. Baalu and Lok Janshakti Party’s Ram Vilas Paswan.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was also present.
- Ansari files nomination for vice president (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Ansari files nomination for vice president (Second lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sumptuous menu at UPA's dinner; Mulayam, Lalu on main dais - May 23, 2012
- Pranab files nomination for presidential election (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Race for Raisina Hill on, Pranab, Sangma file nominations (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- Sonia has hectic day over presidential poll talks (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress leaders, DMK (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- MPs queue up to vote for vice president (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with comfortable margin (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Quiet dinner, promises mark UPA-II's second anniversary - May 22, 2011
- Jaswant files nomination for vice presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Antony meets Karunanidhi ahead of presidential polls (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi enjoys junior Paswan's Hindi film - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: alliance leaders, bahujan samaj party, congress president sonia gandhi, farooq abdullah, hamid ansari, lalu prasad, Lok Sabha, manmohan singh, nationalist congress party, nomination papers, presidential contest, presidential polls, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, rahul gandhi, ram vilas paswan, returning officer, s farooq, sharad pawar