Anna’s decision to break off shocking, says KejriwalSeptember 20th, 2012 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) Anti-corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal Thursday described as “shocking, unbelievable and sad” Anna Hazare’s decision to break with his former Team Anna members and not to support their future political campaigns.
“We respect Anna Hazare, he is our guru and father. Yesterday’s (Wednesday) developments were shocking, unbelievable, unfortunate and sad,” Kejriwal said.
Hazare Wednesday formalised his split with members of the disbanded Team Anna and opposed the movement taking a political plunge. The decision came after a nine-hour long meeting in New Delhi. The Kejriwal-led group is going ahead with its plan to form a political party.
Responding on Hazare asking them not to use his name or photo for the political outfit they are planning to launch, Kejriwal said: “Anna’s photograph and name are printed in our hearts. We will continue to take his blessings and touch his feet. Anna’s five principles will become the foundation of our party.”
Meanwhile, Kiran Bedi said the IAC will continue to lay stress on a strong Lokpal Bill and will have a separate office soon.
“Search for new IAC office started for continuity of movement with focus on strong lokpal. Shall be shared with time and once in place,” Bedi tweeted.
“Clarity in any formation is essential. I believe this is the case now for India against Corruption Movement. Onus back on voters,” she added.
- Wish movement had remained as it was, says Kiran Bedi - Aug 27, 2012
- Disbanding Team Anna was collective decision, say members (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Anna, team stand 'separated' (Second Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Members of disbanded Team Anna quiet - Aug 06, 2012
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Team Anna meets in Delhi to decide future strategy - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: activist, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, blessings, clarity, continuity, corruption, former team, guru, hearts, India, New Delhi, onus, photo, photograph, plunge, political campaigns, political outfit, separate office, stress