Anna not to end fast till issues resolved: BediAugust 25th, 2011 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Despite the government having agreed to debate three versions of the anti-graft Lokpal bill in parliament, Anna Hazare’s key associate Kiran Bedi announced Thursday evening that the social activist will not end his fast till the three key issues flagged by his group are resolved.
“Anna, as I heard, will end his fast only if resolutions on the three issues are passed by parliament,” Bedi tweeted on the microblogging website Twitter.com
The government had announced that parliament will debate three versions of the anti-graft bill Friday, including Hazare’s Jan Lokpal bill, and the suggestions from the debate will be sent to the parliamentary standing committee that is considering an official bill.
Hazare’s team had flagged three issues - to bring the lower bureaucracy within the ambit of the Lokpal bill, appointing Lokayuktas in each state to be under the Lokpal and formulate a citizen’s charter for government offices.
- Team Anna visits parties to garner support - Aug 26, 2011
- On Day 11, parliament set to discuss Jan Lokpal bill - Aug 26, 2011
- Nation at crossroads, discuss Lokpal issue dispassionately: Pranab (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- 'Government resolution should enable Anna end fast' - Aug 26, 2011
- Lokpal bill may come up in parliament in November - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna Hazare reaches Rajghat, hundreds join in support - Apr 05, 2011
- Aamir is backing Jan Lokpal bill: Team Anna - Jul 20, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM, wants CBI under Lokpal (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Anna Hazare plans fast unto death for strong Lokpal bil - Apr 04, 2011
- Talks between Team Anna, government inconclusive (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Fasting Hazare open to talks, but with riders - Aug 23, 2011
- Pranab asks MPs to discuss Anna's three key demands - Aug 27, 2011
- Standoff continues, PM says anything can happen - Aug 24, 2011
- Government plans Lokpal bill in winter session; Anna threatens agitation - Dec 15, 2011