Anna Hazare ends fastDecember 28th, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 28 (IANS) Anna Hazare, who is down with viral fever, broke his fast by sipping a drink at the MMRDA ground here Wednesday evening.
Hazare, who announced earlier that he was curtailing his three-day fast, passed the glass to key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, who were also on fast along with him.
The fast was to press for a strong Lokpal bill.
Hazare has also called off his nationwide ‘Jail Bharo’ agitation from Dec 30.
On Tuesday night, the Lok Sabha passed the anti-graft Lokpal bill with several amendments following an over 10-hour debate.
- Anna ends fast, vows to continue fight against graft (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Ailing Anna ends fast, vows to fight on (Intro Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna calls off 'jail bharo' agitation (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Anna ends fast, vows to rally against Congress (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation - Jul 31, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Anna slams government, Kejriwal to carry on fast (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Team Anna members to stage protest in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare fast pulls crowds (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Team Anna ends fast - Aug 03, 2012