Angelo Reyes Claims His Own LifeFebruary 8th, 2011 - 7:25 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The veteran Armed Force Chief, Angelo Reyes, 65, committed suicide early on Tuesday, after shooting himself to claim his own life. The incident occurred at the Loyala Memorial Park, where Angelo Reyes’ mother’s grave is situated. Although the reason of his death is still unknown some people attribute it to the humiliation that was involved in the “multimillion-peso fund scam” in the military department, with which, Angelo Reyes and Lieutenant Colonel George Rabusa were allegedly associated.
Reports say, that for the same reason, Angelo Reyes suffered from a stroke a few months ago. The suicide occurred at about 7:44 a.m, after which, the veteran was admitted to the Quirino Hospital in Quezon City. After the doctor tried to cure him for about 45 minutes, he was finally declared dead at about 8:30 a.m. He reportedly shot himself on his chest. According to sources, he was unable to accept the huge defamation that he and his family had to undergo, after the congressional investigation that followed the financial scam. He had previously said that he cannot see his family going through it. He loved his late mother a lot and said that he cannot be responsible to malign the reputation of his late mother like this. The doctors at the hospital only revealed that when he was admitted to the hospital, he was not breathing and was without pulse.
As of now, no can could determine what kind of gun he used to kill himself, and the matter has to be subjected to further investigation. President Benigno Aquino III expressed his sense of loss after hearing the news. He postponed his scheduled activities for the day, to express his condolences to the late Angelo Reyes’ family members.
- Former chief of Philippines Armed Forces commits suicide - Feb 08, 2011
- Noynoy Aquino Leads Philippines Election - May 11, 2010
- Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippines' president - Jun 30, 2010
- Cory Aquino dies, Philippines declares 10-day mourning (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- New Thai envoy vows to further enhance relations with the Philippines - Apr 29, 2011
- 16 dead as typhoon batters Philippines (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Philippine democratic icon Corazon Aquino dies - Aug 01, 2009
- Aquino headed for landslide victory in the Philippines - May 12, 2010
- Philippine democracy icon Corazon Aquino dies at 76 (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- Philippine president says Obama has quit smoking - Jun 12, 2010
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- President Barack Obama Has Quit Smoking, Says Philippine President-Elect - Jun 13, 2010
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Aquino poised to win Philippine presidential polls - May 11, 2010
Tags: angelo reyes, armed force, colonel george, committed suicide, condolences, congressional investigation, defamation, family members, financial scam, george rabusa, humiliation, kar, lieutenant colonel, loyala, meena, memorial park, military department, quezon city, sense of loss, stroke