Andrew Young misses jail by a whiskerMarch 10th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
Mar 10 (Pen Men at Work): A former aide to John Edwards, Andrew Young, has been given time until Friday to offer a judge a complete clarification on how he dealt with equipment including a videotape seemingly depicting the two-time presidential contender in a sexual encounter.
Andrew Young, by a hair’s breadth, escaped time in prison at an inquiry on Tuesday in the courtroom of Superior Court Judge Abraham Penn Jones, who, on two previous occasions, stated that Young would be locked up for disrespect. But Young’s attorneys, in due course, persuaded Jones to present them a few more days to make available a full accounting of how he handled an assortment of materials that Edwards’ mistress, Rielle Hunter, is on the lookout for. Jones desires to be on familiar terms with more about when Young had certain materials, who viewed them and where they went. Jones expressed that his purpose is to ensure that Young is straightforward to the court and thorough in his explication before the court.
Lawyers for Edwards’ mistress, Rielle Hunter, pointed their fingers at Andrew Young for perpetrating “dozens of lies.” Hunter’s attorneys have also accused Young of being deceitful when he initially proclaimed that the only copies of the tape had been preserved for more than a year in an Atlanta safety deposit box. Young has since said that he exhibited the video to ABC News recently as he readied himself to promote his tell-all book with the program. Along with the tape, Hunter’s legal representatives objected to how Young handled some of Hunter’s photos which were placed on Young’s computer.
An attorney for Young labeled the inconsistencies as “memory lapses” and mentioned that Young had done everything within his capacity to confer the materials to the court. The tapes, along with photos and documents, have been placed under seal.
- John Edwards' mistress 'wants profits from his aide's tell-all book' - Jul 08, 2010
- Ex US prez hopeful Edwards to testify on ties with Hunter - Apr 24, 2010
- Ex-Democrat prez Edwards aide demands more info on sex tape - Mar 04, 2011
- Andrew Young To Face Court On Friday - Mar 10, 2010
- Edward's ex-aide Andrew Young & wife to spend 75 days in jail - Mar 10, 2010
- John Edwards' mistress - Rielle Hunter wants profits from his aide's tell-all book - Jul 08, 2010
- John Edwards To Give Evidence In The Courthouse About His Affair With Rielle Hunter - May 14, 2010
- John Edwards' ex-mistress fights for 'sex tape' control - Jan 30, 2010
- U.S. prosecutors to bring charges against Senator Edwards - May 26, 2011
- John Edwards And Former Mistress Rielle Hunter To Reunite? - Dec 08, 2010
- John Edwards In The Hot Seat Over Campaign Cash & Affair! - May 14, 2010
- John Edwards Engaged - Rumor Hits Web - Jan 08, 2011
- Disgraced US Senator Edwards's ex aide says he was offered big money for sex tape - Feb 02, 2010
- John Edwards' sexual romps is now bestseller book - Feb 04, 2010
- John Edwards To Marry Mistress Rielle Hunter? - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: abc news, andrew young, breadth, court lawyers, courtroom, disrespect, explication, inconsistencies, john edwards, legal representatives, memory lapses, men at work, mistress, pen men, penn jones, presidential contender, safety deposit box, sexual encounter, superior court judge, whisker