Andhra textiles minister attacked, blames home ministerDecember 20th, 2011 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 20 (IANS) The war between two cabinet ministers in Andhra Pradesh came into the open Tuesday when followers of one attacked the other with stones, eggs and tomatoes.
Minister for Textiles Shankar Rao came under attack at NTR Nagar here, allegedly by the supporters of Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy.
Shankar Rao escaped unhurt but the window panes of his car were damaged in the attack by a group of people who were raising slogans terming him a “land grabber”.
Police intervened to prevent the situation from going out of control. The attack took place when the textiles minister was visiting a piece of land, which is said to be bone of contention between home minister’s son and another person.
Blaming the home minister and her son for the attack, Shankar Rao said a group of 500 people attacked him in a pre-planned manner. He alleged that police did not take any action against those involved in the attack.
Shankar Rao demanded Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy dismiss Sabita Indra Reddy from the cabinet.
Talking to reporters, he said he would complain to the central leadership of the Congress party. He demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) be ordered into the assets of the home minister.
The row between two ministers relates to a petition filed by Shankar Rao in the high court in October this year demanding probe into allegations of corruption against Sabita Indra Reddy and Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkataramana. The court, however, dismissed his petition.
- Dalit group seeks action against Andhra home minister - Dec 24, 2011
- Andhra minister complains to President against colleague - Jan 03, 2012
- Court to hear Andhra minister's graft charges against colleagues - Sep 27, 2011
- Congress leader seeks CBI probe against Andhra chief minister - Mar 22, 2012
- Andhra minister complains against two 'tainted' colleagues - Sep 29, 2011
- Venkataramana's arrest sends Andhra ministers into tizzy - May 24, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan assets case - May 18, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Andhra seeks legal opinion on court notices to ministers - Mar 13, 2012
- Notices to three Andhra legislators in liquor pay-off scam - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: allegations, bone of contention, cabinet ministers, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central leadership, chief minister, congress party, corruption, excise, followers, home minister, hyderabad, indra, kiran kumar, petition, sabita, slogans, textiles, window panes