Andhra promises more jobs to youthAugust 15th, 2011 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 15 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh government would provide 100,000 jobs to the youth, Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy announced Monday.
Addressing the main official function to mark India’s Independence Day at the Secunderabad Parade Grounds here, he said the youth would be recruited in various government departments.
Kiran Reddy also promised that 1.5 million jobs would be created for youth in various sectors in the next three years.
Hoisting the national flag for the first time after becoming the chief minister, he assured the people that he would take all steps to provide corruption-free and transparent governance.
In an obvious reference to the ongoing movement for separate statehood to Telangana, the chief minister said the government was trying to remove regional imbalances. “My government will take all steps to maintain peace and security in the state,” he added.
The chief minister announced that a financial corporation with a corpus fund of Rs.1,000 crore would be set up for women self-help groups to protect them from the exploitation by micro-finance institutions.
Kiran Reddy listed out various welfare schemes being implemented by the government. He claimed that his government was committed to the welfare of farmers and would continue free electricity and other schemes.
Earlier, the chief minister reviewed the colorful parade. In an open top jeep, he went around the sprawling grounds to reviewed the contingents of police, Scouts and Guides and NCC.
- Patriotic fervour marks I-Day celebrations in Andhra - Aug 15, 2012
- Andhra governor asks people to act maturely - Jan 26, 2011
- Andhra proposes non-banking finance body for self-help groups - Jun 21, 2011
- Rosaiah vows to continue YSR's schemes - Aug 15, 2010
- Protests in Telangana mark Andhra Pradesh formation day - Nov 01, 2011
- Andhra to bring transparency in public services: Governor - Jan 26, 2012
- Tight security in Hyderabad on R-Day - Jan 26, 2010
- Andhra presents Rs.1.45 lakh crore budget (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Andhra presents Rs.1.45 lakh crore budget - Feb 17, 2012
- Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Karnataka governor calls for probity on R-Day (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Karnataka celebrates Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- Patnaik highlights government's achievements on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh celebrates 63rd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: 100 000 jobs, 5 million, andhra pradesh government, chief minister, colorful parade, corruption, crore, free electricity, government departments, independence day, kiran kumar, micro finance institutions, national flag, ncc, parade grounds, regional imbalances, rs 1, self help groups, statehood, welfare schemes