Andhra minister appears before CBI in Jagan caseMarch 20th, 2012 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 20 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh cabinet minister Mopidevi Venkatramna Tuesday appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for questioning in the case relating to alleged illegal assets of YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Mopidevi, who currently holds excise portfolio, was minister for infrastructure and investment during the tenure of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy when several decisions were taken allegedly to favour the latter’s son Jaganmohan Reddy.
The CBI officials will question him with regard to certain orders allegedly benefiting companies that in turn invested in Jaganmohan Reddy’s business.
Mopidevi is the first minister to appear before CBI in the case.
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Manmohan Singh also appeared before CBI. He was secretary, infrastructure and investment, when Mopidevi was the minister.
Mopidevi is one of the six ministers and Manmohan Singh one of the eight IAS officers who were issued notices by the Supreme Court March 12, asking them why their role should not be probed with regard to the 26 government orders issued during the tenure of Rajasekhara Reddy (2004-09).
YSR, as Rajasekhara Reddy was popularly known, died in a helicopter crash in 2009.
The orders allegedly benefited companies in the form of lands and licenses, and they invested huge money in the businesses owned by Jagan under a quid pro quo arrangement.
The CBI had booked a case against Jaganmohan Reddy and 70 others on the direction of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan case (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan case - Apr 14, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan assets case - May 18, 2012
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
- Pressure on Andhra chief minister to 'bail out' colleagues - Aug 21, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- Venkataramana's arrest sends Andhra ministers into tizzy - May 24, 2012
- Andhra to provide legal aid to IAS officers in Jagan case - Jul 24, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- Andhra seeks legal opinion on court notices to ministers - Mar 13, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra's former chief secretary - Feb 03, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan's graft case (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Another IAS officer appears before CBI in Jagan case - Feb 04, 2012
- CBI again grills BCCI chief in Jagan wealth case - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, assets, cabinet minister, cbi officials, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, favour, first minister, government orders, helicopter crash, indian administrative service, infrastructure, jagan, manmohan, manmohan singh, party leader, regard, supreme court, tenure