Amarinder Singh hints major changes in Punjab CongressJuly 8th, 2008 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 8 (IANS) Former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh Tuesday hinted at a major shuffle in the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) and said a new chief to the state unit may be announced “in a day or two”. Talking to media persons here, Singh said the party high command, under the supervision of All India Congress Committee (AICC) president Sonia Gandhi, will announce changes in the party soon.
At present Rajinder Kaur Bhattal heads the PPCC and has a very public spat with Singh.
Bhattal told party workers to stay away from Singh during his vigilance bureau questioning Sunday as the case pertains to his personal wealth and the party has nothing to do with it.
Despite the order, many party activists were present to reiterate their support to Singh outside Patiala Circuit House.
- Congress summons Amarinder, Bhattal to capital following infighting - Apr 02, 2012
- Ambika Soni, Tewari in Congress' Punjab coordination panel - May 11, 2011
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- Congress announces 114 names for Punjab poll - Jan 06, 2012
- Gloves out in Congress after Punjab defeat (Punjab Newsletter) - Apr 06, 2012
- All about family in Punjab Congress this election - Jan 06, 2012
- Punjab: Prominent winners and losers - Mar 06, 2012
- Soni, Tewari in Congress' Punjab election panel - Nov 17, 2011
- Amarinder asks Congressmen to hit Akalis - Nov 01, 2011
- All set for Punjab vote count - Mar 05, 2012
- Punjab, Uttarakhand set to elect new assemblies - Jan 29, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Assembly elections: Winners and losers (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Punjab budget has fatal flaws, says Amarinder Singh - Mar 16, 2011
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: aicc, amarinder singh, chandigarh, india congress committee, media persons, party activists, patiala, personal wealth, ppcc, punjab chief minister, rajinder kaur, shuffle, sonia gandhi, spat, supervision, vigilance