Amar Singh to go to Singapore for treatmentNovember 8th, 2011 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 8 (IANS) Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, who was allowed by a Delhi court to travel abroad for treatment, said he will be visiting Singapore later this month.
“My doctor who performed liver transplant in Singapore is in the US and will be back only on Nov 16. So, I have decided to delay my visit to Singapore and will now go by Nov 15-16,” Singh told reporters here.
Addressing media for the first time after being discharged from AIIMS, Singh said he will inform the court about the change in his schedule and would also pass on details of his stay.
Singh, 55, facing prosecution for the 2008 cash-for-votes scandal, was given permission to visit Singapore Nov 8-30 after he was discharged from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nov 1.
He was given bail on “humanitarian grounds” in view of his “critical” health condition.
Singh said he knows all details related to the cash-for-votes scandal but won’t discuss it as the matter is subjudice.
He said he will address a rally at Sarnath in Uttar Pradesh on Nov 14, the birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru.
“I will address a gathering on Nov 14 at Sarnath. The rally is to remind Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati about her proposal to divide the state. She told that she will be writing to prime minister regarding this but first the state legislative assembly has to pass a resolution in this regard,” he said.
Mayawati had proposed trifurcation of the state into Bundelkhand, Harit Pradesh (West Uttar Pradesh) and Poorvanchal Pradesh (East Uttar Pradesh).
- Amar Singh discharged from AIIMS, goes home - Oct 30, 2011
- Amar Singh at AIIMS with respiratory problem - Nov 03, 2011
- Amar Singh allowed to go to Singapore for treatment (Second Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline and fund misuse - Sep 21, 2011
- Congress for panel on Uttar Pradesh reorganisation - Nov 09, 2011
- Amar Singh can go to Singapore for treatment - Nov 03, 2011
- Amar Singh visits Bachchan family to wish them - Nov 16, 2011
- Cash-for-votes, 2G national shame: Advani - Nov 16, 2011
- Mayawati trying to misguide people: SP - Nov 15, 2011
- BSP parliamentarian booked under stringent law - Dec 16, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP exempted from attending trial court (Second Lead) - Nov 01, 2011
- Amar Singh's bail pleas to be heard Oct 19 - Oct 18, 2011
- 'Very critical' Amar Singh gets bail - Oct 24, 2011
- Order on Amar Singh's bail Wednesday - Sep 27, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Order on Amar Singh's bail reserved - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, amar singh, birth anniversary, chief minister, critical health, delhi court, doctor who, harit, health condition, humanitarian grounds, india institute, jawaharlal nehru, legislative assembly, liver transplant, Mayawati, party leader, Samajwadi Party, sarnath, visiting singapore