Amar Singh, Gandhi discuss seat sharingDecember 27th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) Samajawadi Party general secretary Amar Singh met Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday to discuss seat sharing in Uttar Pradesh in the coming Lok Sabha elections, Samajwadi sources said.Details of the talks were not available. Amar Singh and party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said Friday that their party would soon finalise seat sharing negotiations with the Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
Amar Singh is also expected to meet Gandhi’s political advisor Ahmed Patel, general secretary Rahul Gandhi and External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
The Samajwadi Party has finalised candidates for 55 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state. It has identified 15 seats for the Congress.
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Met Sonia over presidential poll: Mulayam - Jun 16, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Samajwadi Party not to fight in Rae Bareli in 2014 - Sep 13, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- From stars to Tihar, Amar Singh's fall from grace - Sep 06, 2011
- Had no other option but support Pranab: SP - Jun 16, 2012
- Akhilesh steals show in contest of young campaigners (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Mulayam keeps Congress guessing on presidential race (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Presidential polls dead issue, Mamata my younger sister: Mulayam - Sep 13, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012