Amar Singh being framed: MulayamJuly 24th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday came out in support of his former party general secretary Amar Singh, saying he was being “framed” in the cash-for-votes scam of 2008.
Addressing a press conference here, Mulayam Singh showed sympathy towards his ex-colleague, who was expelled from the the party after the relations between the two turned sour.
“Injustice is being done with Amar Singh. It is a conspiracy to trouble him and he is being framed in the case,” he said.
“What was the benefit for us? Was the Samajwadi Party being included in the government? Were we getting ministers posts?” he asked.
Amar Singh has been alleged to be involved in the cash-for-votes scam of 2008 after his former aide Sanjeev Saxena was found involved in transfer of money to some MPs. The MPs alleged they were paid the money to abstain from voting in the trust vote sought by the then Manmohan Singh government, after the Left’s withdrawal of support.
Amar Singh was quizzed by the Delhi Police’s crime branch Monday.
“Amar Singh is being trapped, he is innocent,” reiterated Mulayam Singh. “We only voted to save the government.”
- No prima facie evidence against Amar Singh: K.C. Deo - Jul 19, 2011
- Second arrest made in cash-for-votes case - Jul 20, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scam accused alleges pressure to implicate leaders - Aug 08, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Ex-BJP worker to be quizzed - Jul 19, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned on cash-for-votes - Jul 20, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Aide blames Amar in cash-for-votes scam, Amar denies - Jul 19, 2011
- Whose frontman were you: BJP, Left ask Amar Singh - Sep 06, 2011
- Police response sought on bail plea of Amar Singh's ex-aide (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP feliciates Kulkarni, other accused - Nov 19, 2011
- Court seeks police response on Amar aide's bail plea - Nov 09, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned Friday over 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 21, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Amar questioned, denies role in 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 22, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scam: Congress declines comment on allegations - Jul 20, 2011