Allu Aravind files nomination for Ankapalli Lok Sabha seatMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 30 (IANS) Film producer and Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) general secretary Allu Aravind Monday filed his nomination for Ankapalli Lok Sabha constituency in coastal Andhra Pradesh.
Keeping everybody guessing till the last minute, Allu Aravind reached Visakhapatnam from Hyderabad to file his papers on the last day of filing of nominations.
His name was included in the fourth list of candidates released Monday. There was suspense as to which constituency he will contest from. Some party leaders had hinted that he might contest from Visakhapatnam.
Allu Aravind is brother-in-law of actor-turned-politician and Praja Rajyam president Chiranjeevi. He is considered to be the brain behind Chiranjeevi’s plunge into politics.
Allu Aravind is the only close relative of Chiranjeevi who will be contesting the next month’s elections. The actor’s brothers, actors Pavan Kalyan and Naga Babu are not contesting, while Chiranjeevi will be contesting from Tirupati assembly constituency.
Meanwhile, the party has denied a ticket to veteran actor and former union minister Krishnam Raju, who was expected to be fielded from Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha constituency.
Raju had quit the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to join Chiranjeevi’s party last month and party sources had hinted that he might get the ticket from Visakhapatnam or Narsapuram.
PRP has fielded Srinivas Yadav from Visakhapatnam. The other Lok Sabha candidates in the fourth list are Kasani Gyaneswar (Chevella) and Balraj Goud (Mahabubnagar). Both Gyaneswar and Goud are leaders of Mana Party, which has entered into seat sharing agreement with PRP.
- Two PRP leaders sworn in as Andhra ministers - Jan 19, 2012
- Chiranjeevi, Renuka, four others file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Telugu film stars failed to shine in polls - May 17, 2009
- Chiranjeevi's party announces second list of candidates - Mar 29, 2009
- Krishnam Raju, Murali Mohan in star fight for Rajahmundry - Apr 04, 2009
- Over 300 file papers for 22 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra - Mar 31, 2009
- Chiranjeevi loses from Palacole, wins Tirupati - May 16, 2009
- Some film stars shone in polls, others bit the dust - May 16, 2009
- TDP's Devender Goud, Ramesh file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Jolt to Chiranjeevi as another leader quits (Lead) - Apr 10, 2009
- Krishnam Raju quits Chiranjeevi's party - Jul 31, 2009
- Congress sweeps Lok Sabha polls in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Chiranjeevi, five others elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Mar 22, 2012
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress - Jun 13, 2011
- Chiranjeevi satisfied with inclusion in Congress panel - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: actor turned politician, andhra pradesh, aravind, babu, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chiranjeevi, film producer, general secretary, goud, krishnam raju, Lok Sabha, naga, party leaders, pavan kalyan, plunge, sabha constituency, union minister, veteran actor, visakhapatnam