Allegations against me, team members false, says HazareJune 12th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegan Siddhi, June 12 (IANS) Social activist Anna Hazare Tuesday Tuesday said all allegations against him and his team are baseless and false and he was disappointed with the statements by Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) V. Narayanasamy.
In response to the minister’s allegations against Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi, Hazare dared the government to act against him if he and his team members were anti-nationals.
“Punish me if I’m guilty,” he told reporters here.
“We are not backed by any foreign hand. All allegations against us from the PMO are false and baseless. This is just a trick to divert attention from the Lokpal bill,” he said.
“Narayanasamy said Anna lacked the will to fight corruption. He says we are anti-nationals. But I’m already fighting corruption tooth and nail. What more does he want me to do? This is not right,” he said.
At the same time, Hazare asked the central government to “show the proof of foreign-funding for my movement”.
“I have been accused of not giving an account of the money which was collected at Ramlila Maidan (venue of his anti-corruption protest in Delhi),” he said.
“This is completely wrong. Account of every penny is there for everyone to see. We are in the clear. We have posted it online. We have even got the accounts audited. What more do they want?” he said.
Hazare, in turn, demanded that the government and various political parties give account of the money they collected.
Reiterating his call for a strong Lokpal, Hazare again questioned the will of the government to fight corruption.
“Government is not serious about passing an anti-graft bill,” he said.
“This is cheating the people again. The government has cheated and betrayed the people of the nation at all levels,” he said.
- Allegations against me, team members false: Hazare (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- No further talks with government on Lokpal: Hazare (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Hazare is surrounded by anti-national elements: Narayanasamy - Jun 09, 2012
- Lokpal bill goes to committee, Anna announces another agitation (Roundup) - May 21, 2012
- Malicious misinformation that Congress is not tackling graft: Sonia - Dec 21, 2011
- Government committed to passing Lokpal bill soon: Narayanasamy - Jul 17, 2012
- Government cheated us: Hazare (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Youths protest at Team Anna fast, claim to be from NSUI (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Cabinet clears draft Lokpal bill; angry Team Anna protests (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Team Anna not to campaign for or against any party - Jan 10, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare threatens third agitation for Jan Lokpal Bill - Sep 11, 2011
Tags: allegations, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, central government, corruption, kiran bedi, minister of state, money, nationals, people of the nation, pmo, political parties, prime minister, proof, protest, ralegan siddhi, social activist, team members, tooth and nail, venue