All set for working of trifurcated MCD: GovernmentApril 21st, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) The Delhi government Saturday said all arrangements had been made to ensure smooth functioning of the trifurcated Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
“All necessary administrative and personnel management issues relating to the three newly-formed municipal corporations have been identified and addressed,” said Director of Local Bodies R.K. Srivastava.
His assurance came in the wake of Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party chief Vijender Gupta requesting the union home ministry to defer the split of the MCD in three parts, citing the lack of preparedness.
“Budgetary and financial management issues have been identified and are being addressed by the Delhi Government. Necessary arrangements are in place to make sure that the three corporations start functioning properly on due dates,” Srivastava said in a statement.
The proposal for fixing the dates of holding the first meeting of respective corporations had already been forwarded to Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, he said.
An official hinted that the first meeting of the three civic agencies may be held May 1.
The MCD, one of the largest civic bodies in the world, has been divided into East Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation and North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
While the office for east Delhi civic agency will be at the Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corp building in Patparganj, the ones for south and north will be at the 28-storey MCD Civic Centre at Vivekanand Marg in the heart of the capital for the time being. The south office will later move to a new place in Dwarka.
The three new civic agencies would take over the responsibility of the MCD and provide services to an estimated population of 11,007,835, or 98 percent of the people in the Indian capital.
- Delhi government will release Rs.1,831 crore for MCD - Apr 21, 2012
- For MCD officials, trifurcation costly, tiresome - Apr 20, 2012
- Parking rates in Delhi to rise - May 09, 2012
- Elections for three new Delhi mayors from April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- Trifurcated MCD offers better civic services, says home ministry - Aug 21, 2012
- Congress releases candidates list for MCD polls - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- Are Delhi agencies geared to tackle monsoon? - Jul 06, 2012
- MCD elections: Congress rubbishes BJP attack - Apr 04, 2012
- Delhi votes to elect new civic bodies (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Home ministry nod for MCD's trifurcation - Nov 23, 2011
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Fourth lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- New Mayor for east Delhi civic agency - May 01, 2012
- Delhi votes BJP back to power in civic polls (Intro Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, civic agencies, civic bodies, civic centre, delhi government, delhi state, due dates, east delhi, financial management issues, infrastructure development, lieutenant governor, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, municipal corporations, necessary arrangements, north delhi, party chief, personnel management issues, south delhi, union home ministry