All rural development schemes to be audited: RameshDecember 13th, 2011 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Following reports of major irregularities in some districts, all rural schemes of the government will be audited by the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh told the Rajya Sabha Tuesday.
Ramesh said that to start with the CAG will audit the implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS) in 12 states.
“All rural schemes will be the audited by CAG. We have received reports of major irregularities in rural schemes in seven districts in the country,” he said.
- MoU with CAG to audit rural development schemes: Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- Ramesh wants Assam rural jobs scheme audited - Oct 28, 2011
- Aadhaar to pilot pensions, wages in 50 districts, says Ramesh - Jul 01, 2012
- Special MGNREGS courts planned: Ramesh - Nov 09, 2011
- Rural job scheme bungling: Over 2,000 officials booked - May 23, 2011
- Ramesh, Mayawati in duel over corruption - Oct 28, 2011
- PM concerned over delayed NREGA wages, Sonia suggests reforms (second lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- CAG audit for all rural ministry schemes: Ramesh - Jul 20, 2011
- Learn from Andhra on job scheme, Ramesh tells Orissa - Aug 14, 2011
- Bring public expenditure under purview of audit: CAG - Oct 16, 2011
- Orissa assures cooperation in job scam probe - May 12, 2011
- Ramesh proposes CBI probe into rural job scheme in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 25, 2011
- Increase work days in rural job scheme, demands Dhumal - Oct 15, 2011
- Apex court orders CBI probe in job scheme implementation - May 13, 2011
- No going slow on rural job programme: Jairam Ramesh - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: cag, comptroller and auditor general, development minister, guarantee scheme, implementation, irregularities, jairam ramesh, mahatma gandhi, New Delhi, office of the comptroller, rajya sabha, rural development