All party meeting on Kashmir MondayJuly 12th, 2010 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 12 (IANS) An all-party meet convened by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be held here Monday to discuss the law and order situation in the state.
While the main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) stood its ground on not attending the meeting despite a request from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) confirmed its participation. The party has 11 members in the 87-member state legislative assembly, all from the Jammu region.
Besides the ruling National Conference (NC) and the Congress, the meeting will also be attended by the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) and the Democratic National Party.
Former chief minister Farooq Abdullah will also be present at the crucial meeting.
Apart from the PDP, the Panthers Party will also not be attending the meet.
Omar Abdullah called the all-party meeting to discuss the volatile situation in the valley where the army was called in to stage marches in curfew-bound towns to restore law and order following violent protests over civilian killings.
- Restrictions, separatist shutdown hit life in Srinagar - Jul 12, 2010
- All party meeting begins in Srinagar minus PDP (Lead) - Jul 12, 2010
- Centre to give all support to Abdullah government: Prithviraj Chavan - Jul 12, 2010
- Omar Abdullah calls all-party meeting Monday - Jul 09, 2010
- Omar sounded like George Bush: Mehbooba - Jul 11, 2010
- PM urges Mehbooba Mufti to attend Kashmir meeting - Jul 11, 2010
- Not much hope from all-party meet as PDP to stay away (News Analysis) - Jul 11, 2010
- Kashmir parties for independent probe into civilian killings (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2010
- All J-K party meeting decides independent commission to inquire civilian deaths - Jul 12, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to meet all-party delegation from Kashmir - Aug 10, 2010
- Kashmir Valley calm, PDP backs out of all-party meet (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: Farooq Abdullah meets Chidambaram - Jul 10, 2010
- PM to discuss Kashmir situation with state leaders - Aug 09, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: Omar asks PDP to attend Monday's all-party meet - Jul 10, 2010
- Omar Abdullah holds meet, discusses agenda of Monday's all-party meeting - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, civilian killings, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, democratic national party, jammu and kashmir, jammu region, kashmir chief minister, legislative assembly, manmohan, manmohan singh, member state, panthers party, pdp, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, srinagar, violent protests, volatile situation