Alexi Giannoulias & Mark Kirk Will Run For Illinois Senate RaceFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 9:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Illinois, Feb 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) People in Illinois, the state of the US President Barack Obama, cast their votes in favor of the candidate whom they thought best to compete for the Senate seat. Though the weather conditions had played foul on the primary election day, voters had come out to execute their right to vote. As per the latest report, the next Democrat candidate, who has been selected as a successor of President Barack Obama is Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias. Voters consider him to be the fittest candidate for running in the Senate race scheduled in the month of November.
As per the reports, the young Democrat Alexi Giannoulias will have to frame some powerful strategies for competing against Republican candidate Mark Kirk, who is a veteran politician. Mark Kirk, who is a congressman for five-term, has been nominated to run for the Senate race to fill the vacant seat, which was earlier held by President Barack Obama. The Democrats have recently lost their Senate seat in Massachusetts and is expected to display some wise moves in the election campaigns in order to retain this seat.
The November election to elect the Illinois Senator is anticipated to be tough for both the parties. Republicans, who have been successful in regaining their popularity among the common men of the country will give their best so that they can increase their number of seats in the Senate so that the scenario becomes more difficult for the Democrats. The Senate seat, which was held by the president has huge significance and losing this seat will imply that the Democrats have lost popularity in the region of the president.
- Democratic Party likely to retain control of US Senate - Nov 03, 2010
- Obama expands national lead over Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 29, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Democrats lose House, cling to Senate, Nikki Haley wins (Roundup) - Nov 03, 2010
- Governor Pat Quinn Leads Illinois Primary Election Results - Feb 03, 2010
- Obama's Democrats lose House, hold on to Senate (Third Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Front-runner Romney wins Republican primary in Illinois - Mar 21, 2012
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- US President Barack Obama to rally voters in Philadelphia - Oct 11, 2010
- Tickets to mingle with Michelle Obama outprice President Obama - Oct 11, 2010
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Republicans capture control of House of Representatives, but not the Senate - Nov 03, 2010
- Clinton says reports of Democrats demise exaggerated - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: alexi giannoulias, barack obama, congressman, democrat candidate, election campaigns, election day, illinois senate race, illinois senator, kar, mark kirk, meena, month of november, primary election, republican candidate, republicans, senate seat, vacant seat, veteran politician, weather conditions, wise moves