Alagiri open to accepting DMK party postJanuary 19th, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai Jan 19 (IANS) Tamil Nadu’s ruling DMK’s leader and union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M.K. Alagiri Wednesday said he would not demand any party post but would accept one if given.Alagiri, also the DMK’s South Zone organising secretary, was answering a question on whether he would be offered a bigger responsibility by the DMK party with the assembly elections around the corner.
Avoiding a direct answer on reports of him resigning from the party post, Alagiri said the question had been answered by DMK head and Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.
Karunanidhi earlier this month refuted media reports about his eldest son resigning his party post.
It was reported that Alagiri had resigned from the cabinet and also from the DMK’s South Zone organising secretary’s post over reported differences with his party over the 2G spectrum scandal.
Alagiri also denied that he demanded party disciplinary action against former union communications minister A. Raja following allegations of his involvement in the 2G spectrum allotment scam.
Alagiri has been in the spotlight for insisting that he be allowed to speak in Tamil in parliament as he is not fluent in either English or Hindi, the two languages used most often in parliament.
- Alagiri has not resigned: Karunanidhi - Jan 08, 2011
- Alagiri has not quit central government - Jan 05, 2011
- DMK supports Raja, says arrest doesn't make him guilty (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Fourth Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Third Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Karunanidhi extends tacit support to Chidambaram - Sep 27, 2011
- Karunanidhi again hints at his retirement - Jan 24, 2011
- DMK silent on cabinet representation, alliance (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- DMK cadres ready for soul-searching at Coimbatore - Jul 22, 2011
- Who will be the leader? War erupts in DMK - Apr 05, 2010
- DMK to take legal action in 2G spectrum case - Apr 27, 2011
- Karunanidhi to discuss Raja, Azagiri issue with Sonia Gandhi on Sunday - May 01, 2010
- DMK meet ends; silence on cabinet slots, Congress tie-up (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Tie-up with secular party for next Lok Sabha poll: Karunanidhi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Ministers to resign Monday, no contact from Congress: DMK (Night Lead) - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: allegations, allotment, assembly elections, chemicals, chief minister, disciplinary action, dmk party, eldest son, fertilisers, jan 19, organising secretary, parliament, raja, s south, scandal, south zone, spectrum, spotlight, tamil nadu, union communications