Alabama politician involved in sperm donation scandalDecember 14th, 2011 - 12:25 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Christchurch, NZ, Dec 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A US politician has some answers to give his wife after reportedly donating sperms to women who wanted babies. Bill Johnson who was once in the race to become the governor of Alabama is accused of donating sperms to women in New Zealand without the knowledge of his wife.
The New Zealand Herald claims that Johnson met most of the women online and donated the sperms. It is reported that he donated sperms to 9 women and at least three of them are currently pregnant.
Sperm donations are highly regulated in the United States but the same is not true in several countries including New Zealand. Experts say there are several issues involved when sperms are to be given through artificial insemination. Chief among the reasons why the procedure is tightly regulated in the United States is to prevent the spread of infection.
The sperms also need to be kept at a certain temperature to ensure that they are not damaged. It is not clear how he donated the sperms but Johnson has not made any official comment about the story.
Johnson contested in 2009 to become the governor of Alabama. He is currently in New Zealand where he has been involved in relief efforts after the devastating earthquake in Christchurch. His wife is still in the United States.
- Shanghai sperm bank has 100,000 samples - Sep 10, 2012
- Open-minded' college students largest sperm donors in China - Mar 21, 2011
- Fertility treatments show diminishing returns - Aug 06, 2010
- Inmate Has Son after Sneaking Sperm out to Wife - Aug 14, 2012
- Sperm drought in Victoria prompts calls to ease restrictions on imports - Feb 20, 2011
- Virgin Trent Arsenault fathers 15 kids - Feb 09, 2012
- Pope prays for victims of New Zealand quake - Feb 24, 2011
- Christchurch earthquake damage is as bad as Haiti quake: Helen Clark - Feb 27, 2011
- College students largest sperm donor group in China - Mar 21, 2011
- 65 dead in New Zealand quake - Feb 22, 2011
- Russell Crowe backs Christchurch earthquake aid appeal - Mar 26, 2011
- Christchurch quake toll rises to 65 - Feb 22, 2011
- New Zealand extends National State of Emergency over Christchurch quake - Mar 01, 2011
- Major quake devastates New Zealand's Christchurch, at least 65 dead - Feb 22, 2011
- 4.8 magnitude aftershock jolts Christchurch - Mar 05, 2011