Akhilesh withdraws Rs.20 lakh largesse for legislatorsJuly 4th, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 4 (IANS) Faced with widespread criticism of his decision to allow legislators to buy cars worth Rs.20 lakh from the local area development (LAD) funds, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav did a U-turn Wednesday and withdrew the largesse doled out a day ago.
Announcing this, Yadav said he had announced the sop as there were many members of the legislative assembly who were not in a position to buy cars.
Saying that the media and the opposition had misinterpreted the thought behind the move, he said he was withdrawing the announcement with immediate effect.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Akhilesh withdraws Rs.20 lakh largesse for legislators (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- UP gifts Rs.20 lakh to MLAs for cars, opposition protests - Jul 03, 2012
- Runaway bride returns home to new toilet in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 28, 2012
- Agra inner ring road project to be restarted - Aug 29, 2012
- UP cane farmers team to visit Australia, Fiji and Mauritus - Jun 28, 2012
- UP to provide broadband service to all panchayats - Jul 31, 2012
- Akhilesh to host Pranab to lunch Tuesday (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Rain kills six in Uttarakhand, pilgrimage halted - Aug 04, 2012
- No compromise on law and order in UP, asserts Akhilesh - May 18, 2012
- UP blacklists 14 firms supplying sub-standard transformers - Jun 27, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Free ride on Yamuna Expressway till Aug 15 - Aug 09, 2012
- UP government releases vision document for development - May 17, 2012
- Municipal elections in Lucknow Saturday - Jun 22, 2012
- Mulayam to take up 'anti-Islam' comments on Facebook with PM - Jul 11, 2012